A gorgeous new mini kit Petit Jardin by Catherine Designs from After 5 Designs was released yesterday and I wanted to share a digital page I created using the April Shot as well as using some of Catherine's part of the After 5 Collaboration kit Little Garden:

{}

Can you believe that this mini kit {below} is only $2.00!! Here's what is in Catherine's April Shot:

(most elements include one or two shadowed versions)
4 beautifully textured papers ( 12" papers, 300 dpi, .jpg )
1 bird
1 basket
1 herb pot (with one stacked version)
1 bucket
1 duck
3 butterfly (green, blue, orange)
1 wheel ( with a frame version)
1 snail
1 raffia bows
3 garden tools (green, white, orange) 2 'petit jardin' WA
several embellished clusters (including some elements from the store collab 'Little Garden')


Each month the After 5 Designs store designers create a collaborative kit that coordinates with the designer's individual shots, here is Catherine's part of the collaboration:


The collaborative kit Little Garden has some of the best digital scrapbooking designer's in the industry including:
The April Guest Bren Boone, Bisontine, Catherine Designs, Cinnamon Designs, Createwings Designs, K Studio, Kimla Designs, Jazzmin Designs and Lily Designs. 


The Little Garden kit is only $5.00 for 5 days, how awesome is that!! All those goodies for 5 bucks! Be sure to check out some of the other pages created using this gorgeous kit. You will find some in the gallery here & here, and on the kit page in the store.
I just love brown's and green's, makes me think of dirt and grass and the smell of freshly cut lawn....lol!

A sweet friend asked if that was my garden on my layout and no it's not. I simply created the scene using all of Catherine's goodies from her shot and her part of the collab. 

QUICK NOTE: Catherine has posted a tutorial towards the end of her blog post on how to create a natural looking scene on your digital pages.

Once this was created I flattened the image and ran a photo action from My Four Hens Photography called Eggshell from the Freshly Vintage Action collection. I took this paper:


And used the Polygonal Lasso Tool in Photoshop to cut the center circle from the page and promoted it to it's own layer. I used this circle as a mask and clipped my layout to this circle.


I changed the layer to Multiply in the layer palette so that the inner shadow of the original paper would show through:


The scene is looking a little washed out so I duplicated the layer and changed this layer to Soft Light to brighten it up a little:


Now we are left with this:


I really want this page to POP so I changed the outside paper to this:


I simply clipped the paper over the outer side of the circle cut out, duplicated the layer and changed this layer to Multiply:


Now once I turn all the layers back on, added a few more embellishments and a cute title using Catherine's Alpha called Aqua-Lime Alpha {which coordinates with one of Catherine's gorgeous kit called Guy Things} Here is the end result:

{}

Hope you enjoyed the little walk through on how I created this page. As always, any questions, shoot me an email or leave me a comment....I love comments......lol!! Wishing everyone a very Happy Easter! xo