A little bit of news that I haven't had time to blog about.....

Last Monday was a public holiday here in Australia so my Mum, myself, Miss J and Miss O took ourselves off to officeworks which is a large stationary/office supply store. Just after we walked into the main door it started to bucket down with rain so we took our time looking around for supplies, by supplies I mean anything we saw that took our fancy, we purchased. We finished paying for our 'supplies' and headed for the door. It was still raining quite heavily so we waited in the holding area until it eased enough for us to get to the car. Mum is disabled so she parked the car right outside the doors of officeworks, we only had to take roughly 5 steps to the car. I took Miss J with me on my side of the car and Mum took Miss O with her on the opposite side. I opened the car door and went to put Miss J in my side when I glanced through the windows towards Mum and Miss O but I could only see Miss O. I knew straight away Mum had hit the deck so I threw Miss J into the passenger seat without looking and raced around the car to find Mum face down on the cement. My poor heart was racing as I reached her, a million things ran through my mind as I struggled to make eye contact with Mum. She finally looked up at me and said "I think I have broken my arm". I told her not to move as I grabbed Miss O who was still standing in the same place before Mum had gone down. She was stiff as a board, standing there with her mouth wide open as the rain started to fall heavier. I grabbed her but she couldn't take her eyes off Nan, I think she was in a little bit of shock so I helped her into the back seat and closed the doors so I could go check on Mum who was now drenched from head to toe. She said she wanted to try and get up and sit down in the car to get out of the rain as she explained to me that she fell on her elbow first so she was quite sure it was only her arm that was injured. I grabbed her under her left arm and tried to help her off the ground, Mum is quite a big lady so it took all I had to try and get her off the ground. I managed to get her in the front seat as she cradled her arm which was now extremely painful. After calming the girls down and making sure Mum wasn't injured any where else, I ran into officeworks and got them to call an ambulance. They got me to write out a quick stat dec about what had happened whilst a lady called the ambulance.

I went back out to Mum who was now leaning over the steering wheel and in loads of pain. We waited for about 40 minutes for the ambulance to arrive and they took her to hospital. To make matters worse, Mum had the air-conditioner on in the car whilst I was inside officeworks so she had flattened the battery in the car so we had to organize a lift home with a friend and leave the car there until I found out what was happening with Mum.

We arrived home and our friend had to leave as she was driving up to Sydney for a week. I sat around with the girls waiting for time to pass so I could contact the hospital and see what was happening with Mum. I had to organize someone to go down to the car so they could call road service (NRMA) and wait for them to come and fix the car to get it home. The car finally arrived home just before midnight thank goodness, I was so worried that someone would rip the new chrome wheels I purchased for Mum. That would have made my day finding the car with no wheels!

I was finally able to talk to Mum about 4 hours later in the hospital after the doctor told her that he would not operate on her as she had too many things wrong with her to be put under for the operation. She had completely snapped of her arm bone from her shoulder at the joint. They strapped her arm up and told her to make an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon next week! (Living in a small town, we have to travel for orthopedic surgeons) No pain killers, no nothing! I called another friend to go pick her up from the hospital and bring her home.

Long story short, they have decided to just strap her arm as best they could and she just has to wait for it to heal on it's own. They just can't take the chance on operating on her. With her diabetes, the arm is going to take forever to mend and with it being her right arm, she isn't going to be able to do anything. She also has a broken left ring finger which is also strapped up and they said just that, will take at least 8 weeks to heal! So loads of pain killers for me Mum to help pass the time!

On to other news, I never got a chance to do a blog post about being a guest for October......




........ Bisontine!!!! I love her whimsical designs, they have been so much fun to play with and to top it off Sandrine is such a sweet, sweet person! Below are a few of the pages I have done so far.






 



I have to end this post here as I need to get some dinner started. I will add another post tonight or tomorrow with some CT updates and some news about a little person having a birthday! By the way I changed my comment settings so everyone can leave a comment now.....silly me, never even bothered to check that sort of stuff! I just figured that blogger was smart enough to change it for me....lol! Wonder if it can write my blog posts too...........

Big bear hugs!! xo