The last 2 weeks have been busy, busy around here! I didn't get a chance last week to post my fix for FIF so I will post both of them today.
Both of the photos were stunning, I especially loved the tones of last weeks photo by Susan Keller's of her son at the beach. Here is the original:


I hardly did anything to this photo but here is what I did do:
  • I ran Flora Bella's Milk & Honey II action from the Color & Haze set
  • Over that I ran Flora Bella's Vignette and lowered the opacity to 15%, from her Extra Action set
  • After flattening the image I added a free texture called Warm Grunge by Kim Klassen and changed the layer style to soft light and left the opacity at 100%. Usually I would erase some of the texture from skin and hair but I loved the soft gritty look of the texture and thought it really suited the whole beach scene {you need to sign up for her texture lovin' list on her blog}
  •  Lastly, I gave the photo a slight crop by cutting out the shadow of the photographer in the lower left corner

On to the this weeks photo taken by Michelle Johnson, of her daughter during a quiet moment. Here is what the original looks like:


 Here is the basic rundown of how I edited the photo:
  • The first action I ran over the photo is from My Four Hens Photography called Back Lit Pop from A Very M4H Tool Box set. I adjusted a few of the layers but I forgot to take note of what I did. I know I changed a few of the opacities I turned one layer off altogether.......
  • Once I was happy with the look of the photo, I ran Flora Bella's Sweet Sunshine from the Luxe set over the flattened layer
  • I wanted to warm the photo a little more so I ran Flora Bella's Sunlight action from the Extra Actions set
  • After flattening the image once more, I ran Flora Bella's Sweet Color from the Color & Haze set to add a pretty haze to the photo
  • I still felt that the photo needed a little more so I added a busy texture called Celine from Kim Klassen over the top and changed the layer style to overlay and left the opacity at 100%. {you need to sign up for her texture lovin' list on her blog}
  • Lastly, I erased a small amount of the texture from her face and a little from the hair and shirt

That's all for today, hope everyone is having a creative weekend!!